|Bogart SC/TM 2030 Flyer(583.43 KB )||Download|
|SC/TM Brief Installation Diagram(80.95 KB )||Download|
|SC-2030 Wiring Diagram(206.91 KB )||Download|
|SC-2030 Manual(191.19 KB )||Download|
Power Your Adventure!
The SC-2030 Solar Charger, working with the TM-2030 battery monitor has unusual benefits that can extend the life of your battery system. When designing the SC-2030 we checked many battery company websites, and spoke with experts in their companies to find out what they recommend for charging before we designed it. Many solar charge controllers have very limited ability to adjust--a few even charge with voltage that is lower than what any battery company recommends.
As a result of this research we've added two unusual features to insure that batteries are not damaged by over or under charging:
1. Amp hour counting: During a discharge period it measures precisely the amount of previous discharge, and then when recharging adds back the same amount plus an additional measured percentage of charge: for liquid electrolyte lead acid batteries about 110-120%--or for AGM types about 104-109%.
2. Also unusual in chargers, but frequently now recommended to maintain battery capacity is an extra higher voltage "mini equalization" finishing stage. During the last part of the charge it can increase charging voltage (at a regulated low current value) to avoid undercharge during a limited solar day. (This is sometimes called "IUI" charging.)
To match any battery type it has 8 adjustable charging parameters. To make installing these values easy, select one of 18 "battery profles" which will automatically install all these values for your particular batteries. After doing this, experts with special requirements may modify any of these.
All this is controlled by the TM-2030 Battery Monitor located in your living area--connected with a common phone cable to the SC-2030 usually located near the batteries. So in addition to high quality charging you also get all the benefits of the TM-2030 monitoring system: volts, battery amps, solar amps, extra unused power, replaced percent of charge compared to previous discharge, extra unused solar power, battery temperature (Requires optional Temperature Sensor) and more.
The SC-2030 uses "PWM" ("pulse width modulation") technology, which requires that it be used with what are often described as "12 Volt" (or "24 volt") solar panels for good efficiency. Some have asked why we used this instead of newer "MPPT" technology for this charger. We explain this in a "Frequently Answered Question" on wwwbogartengineering.com .
For a wiring diagram, technical details on charging, and to see what's involved to install it, download the "Brief Overview of Installation Requirements" or "SC-2030 Solar Charger Intructions" shown in download tab below.
SC-2030 SOLAR CHARGER
● High efficiency charging at lower cost than MPPT chargers--but for good efficiency must be used only with “12V” or “24V” (about 17 or 35 volt Vpp-max power point) solar panels for high efficiency. These are usually described as "12 volt" or "24 volt" panels. Other type panels require a more expensive MPPT type charger for high efficiency.
● For 12 or 24 V battery systems: AGM, Gel or Liquid Electrolyte batteries.
● Up to 30 amps maximum solar current. Charger will safely reduce output if panel current exceeds 31 amps.
● Optional Temperature compensation if temperature sensor is used.
● Small size: 3 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches; 7.6 X 13.3 X 7 cm.
● Easy programming for charging your batteries: In most cases entering all data is accomplished by selecting the appropriate charging profile for your type of batteries and then entering your battery capacity.
● If TM-2030 disconnected: charger still functions--but at the level of simpler charge controllers.
|Solar Panel Open Circuit Voltage (Max)||55V|
|Solar Panel Max Current||30A|
|Nominal Solar Panel/Battery Voltage||12V - 24V|
|Max Battery Voltage||35V|
|Battery Type||AGM, Gel, Flooded LA|
|Battery Capacity||10 - 10,000 Ah|
|Terminal Block Wire Gauge||up to 6 AWG|
|Charging Profile||3 Stages; Optional 4th|
|Ambient Temperature||0 ºF to +140 ºF (−18 ºC to +60 ºC)|
|Dimensions||3" X 4.25" X 2.75"|